JOIN OUR SCHOOL TEAM!
Potential Christian Academy is always looking for enthusiastic Christ-followers who will help foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of students.
To apply for any position listed below, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please complete our PCA Employment Application* and include in your email, as well.
*(Please note that resumes will not be considered without the completed PCA Employment Application. Additionally, only members of Potential Church or those willing to attend will be considered for positions at PCA).
Questions? Contact us at 954-434-1550. Thanks for your interest in Potential Christian Academy. We look forward to hearing from you!
7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Potential Christian Academy is looking for a bilingual (English and Spanish), enthusiastic, friendly, and multi-tasking receptionist who will lead our front desk and handle day-to-day office responsibilities.
- Answer phone calls in a pleasant, informed manner, for the purpose of providing information and creating a positive image of PCA and Potential Church
- Greet all students, families, and guests respectfully and professionally
- Assist in all aspects of maintaining a professional front office, including, but not limited to, fielding and directing incoming phone calls to the appropriate staff member, responding to emails, and maintaining confidentiality
- Abide by PCA’s philosophy and mission statement
- Develop a positive, welcoming, and caring climate in the front office
- Consistently exhibit high standards of professional conduct
- Effectively perform all other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Administrative Director
- Mastery of clerical skills and knowledge of office practices and procedures that involve the operation of standard office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax, and associated equipment
- Handle and distribute correspondence, address envelopes and packages, and prepare other materials for mailing as necessary
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER, 1st GRADE
Potential Christian Academy has a job opening for the 2020-2021 school year for an enthusiastic Christian elementary 1st grade school teacher who will foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of students. Prior experience teaching 1st grade is preferred. The teacher will plan, implement, and carry out effective lessons that will help students reach their God potential.
- Design and follow a complete lesson plan.
- Plan instructional program for the class in keeping with the school’s curriculum.
- Use a variety of multi-sensory activities and instructional manipulatives to motivate and stimulate children’s growth and God-given talents.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide information when necessary.
- Assess students’ performance to ensure they are mastering age-appropriate skills.
- Monitor children’s interactions, and nurture cooperation, learning, and sharing.
- Cooperate with administration and staff.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in elementary education or be certified in elementary education.
- Possess an ACSI or state-issued certification in elementary education.
- At least one year of full-time teaching experience at the elementary level, preferably 1st grade.
- Proficient knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices.
- Creative teaching abilities.
- Strong classroom management and organizational skills.
Full Time, $10/Hour
9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Monday – Friday
Potential Christian Academy is looking for a full time School Custodian to fulfill cleaning duties throughout the school campus.
Custodian must be able to perform the following functions:
- Be physically able to lift and carry light-weight items without accommodations
- Utilize Clorox 360 machine to spray classrooms and playground
- Perform thorough cleaning in high traffic areas and touch points, such as handrails, bathrooms, door knobs, etc.
- Clean playground equipment between classes
- Disinfect classrooms after school to prepare for the next day
- Sanitize school clinic
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
This position focuses mainly on cleaning and sanitation. Church attendance is not necessary as a contractor, but preferred.
Approved substitute teachers will be kept on file and called on an as-needed basis. Those who qualify will also be required to go through a fingerprinting process.