JOIN OUR SCHOOL TEAM!
Potential Christian Academy is always looking for enthusiastic Christ-followers who will help foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of students.
To apply for any position listed below, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In addition, please complete our PCA Employment Application* and include in your email, as well.
*(Please note that resumes will not be considered without the completed PCA Employment Application. Additionally, only members of Potential Church or those willing to attend will be considered for positions at PCA).
Questions? Contact us at 954-434-1550. Thanks for your interest in Potential Christian Academy. We look forward to hearing from you!
ELEMENTARY TEACHER ASSISTANT
Part-time, 7:30 AM - 12:00 PM
We have an opening for the 2019-2020 school year for an enthusiastic Christian elementary teacher assistant who will foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of students. The teacher assistant will help students reach their God potential.
We have an opening for the 2019-2020 school year for an enthusiastic Christian preschool teacher who will foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of young children. Must be preschool certified. Prior experience teaching preschool is preferred. CDA is a plus!
- Provide a safe, clean, and positive stimulating classroom.
- Be punctual each morning.
- Prepare material and classrooms for daily class activities.
- Evaluate students on a regular basis. Prepare reports on students as required by administration.
- Provide weekly lesson plans to preschool director.
- Attend professional meetings, teacher trainings, workshops, and school events.
- Communicate on a regular basis with parents of students. Partner with each parent to help each student to reach his/her God potential.
- Display a Christ-like attitude at all times.
- Collaborate with other teachers and develop constructive, cooperative relationships.
Part-time, 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM
We have an opening for the 2019-2020 school year for an enthusiastic Christian Aftercare Teacher who will foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of students. Prior experience teaching aftercare is preferred. The teacher will plan, implement, and carry out effective activities that will help students reach their God potential.
- Maintaining a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to learning and exploration.
- Facilitate homework assistance and provide a quiet environment during homework time.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide information when necessary.
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation, learning, and sharing.
- Cooperate with administration and staff.
- High school degree or GED required. Must be at least 18 years old. Higher degrees are a plus.
- Creative teaching abilities.
- Strong classroom management and organizational skills.
- Model appropriate and professional behavior at all time.
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance and departures
- Writes incident reports and informs Aftercare supervisor of any incidents that require attention.
- Maintains workspace by cleaning up, organizing, and respecting shared space.
Potential Christian Academy is looking for a Christian Finance Director who can manage the following:
- Direct the school finances on a daily basis as determined by the Head of School and church finance department.
- Provide the Head of School with a financial report consisting of a balance sheet, P&L statement, and cash flow statement.
- Keep the Head of School apprised of any financial changes that could affect the cash flow projection and therefore change ordering and planning schedules.
- Collaborate with the Head of School and school personnel in the development of the school budget.
- Manage scholarships (Step-Up, McKay, PCA Scholarships).
- Establish a relationship of trust and confidentiality with families regarding their finances.
- Maintain the general books of the school.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts.
- Assist with audit process.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, purchasing.
- Must have extensive knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel.
- Track expenses and prepare financial analysis.
Approved substitute teachers will be kept on file and called on an as-needed basis. Those who qualify will also be required to go through a fingerprinting process.