JOIN OUR SCHOOL TEAM!
Potential Christian Academy is always looking for enthusiastic Christ-followers who will help foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of students.
To apply for any position listed below, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In addition, please complete our PCA Employment Application* and include in your email, as well.
*(Please note that resumes will not be considered without the completed PCA Employment Application. Additionally, only members of Potential Church or those willing to attend will be considered for positions at PCA).
Questions? Contact us at 954-434-1550. Thanks for your interest in Potential Christian Academy. We look forward to hearing from you!
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER, 1st GRADE
Potential Christian Academy has a job opening for the 2020-2021 school year for an enthusiastic Christian elementary 1st grade school teacher who will foster and facilitate the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of students. Prior experience teaching 1st grade is preferred. The teacher will plan, implement, and carry out effective lessons that will help students reach their God potential.
- Design and follow a complete lesson plan.
- Plan instructional program for the class in keeping with the school’s curriculum.
- Use a variety of multi-sensory activities and instructional manipulatives to motivate and stimulate children’s growth and God-given talents.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide information when necessary.
- Assess students’ performance to ensure they are mastering age-appropriate skills.
- Monitor children’s interactions, and nurture cooperation, learning, and sharing.
- Cooperate with administration and staff.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in elementary education or be certified in elementary education.
- Possess an ACSI or state-issued certification in elementary education.
- At least one year of full-time teaching experience at the elementary level, preferably 1st grade.
- Proficient knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices.
- Creative teaching abilities.
- Strong classroom management and organizational skills.
Full Time, $10/Hour
9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Monday – Friday
Potential Christian Academy is looking for a full time School Custodian to fulfill cleaning duties throughout the school campus.
Custodian must be able to perform the following functions:
- Be physically able to lift and carry light-weight items without accommodations
- Utilize Clorox 360 machine to spray classrooms and playground
- Perform thorough cleaning in high traffic areas and touch points, such as handrails, bathrooms, door knobs, etc.
- Clean playground equipment between classes
- Disinfect classrooms after school to prepare for the next day
- Sanitize school clinic
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
This position focuses mainly on cleaning and sanitation. Church attendance is not necessary as a contractor, but preferred.
STUDY HALL FACILITATOR
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (morning and afternoon shifts available)
Monday - Friday
Potential Church/Potential Christian Academy has opened a K5 - 8th Grade Study Hall for children whose schools are only offering a virtual option during this COVID-19 pandemic. The Study Hall will be a safe place for children to stay while their parents are working. Students must bring their academic materials and snacks/water/lunch.
We currently have openings for an enthusiastic Christian Study Hall facilitator who can care for children (no more than 9 per facilitator), help with schoolwork, and maintain a peaceful and safe environment conducive to self-learning. This position pays $10/hour.
Approved substitute teachers will be kept on file and called on an as-needed basis. Those who qualify will also be required to go through a fingerprinting process.