Our Mission is to partner with students to reach their God potential.
Our Vision is to equip students with a quality, Christ-centered education in order to prepare them to use their gifts and abilities effectively to follow God’s plan for their lives.
EXPECTED STUDENT OUTCOMES:
Spiritual Formation and Biblical Worldview Development:
- Recognizes Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and commits to a passionate, maturing, and deepening relationship with Him.
- Consistently engages in the spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible studies, devotions, scripture memorization, worship, and service.
- Demonstrates good stewardship and becomes involved with the church, locally and globally, to carry out the Great Commission.
- Confidently understands, articulates, and defends a biblical worldview.
Academic and Intellectual Development:
- Heartily pursues wisdom, knowledge, and understanding which come from God.
- Is a critical and creative thinker with good problem solving skills who can apply learning to solve real-world problems.
- Responsible and effective technology user.
- Creatively make and manage projects and products.
- Healthy communicators who integrate writing, speaking, listening, and reading into everyday life.
- Develops an appreciation for the arts and literature and understands how they form and shape their beliefs and values.
- Has well-developed and successful study habits and research skills in order to compete in education, the marketplace, workplace, and industry.
Character and Leadership Development:
- Is a leader who values and serves others.
- Upholds moral integrity and righteous living in their daily lives.
- Demonstrates God honoring interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates the gifts of the Holy Spirit; love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness, and self-control.
Instruction in the classroom must always point to God’s sovereignty and the Bible as our ultimate authority. We believe all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy, and it serves as the foundation for learning. PCA seeks to lead children to a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, helping them to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
PCA values teaching students the fundamentals and providing students with the building blocks for learning. The intellectual capacities of our students are developed to enable them to think critically and deeply. Students are expected to work hard to produce scholarship. (2 Tim. 2:15) Not all students’ educational needs are the same and at times learning plans are modified to best meet the students’ needs.
Educating the whole child:
A variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities are provided to enable students to experiment, discover, and develop their unique gifts and abilities. Students are further encouraged to use their gifts to actively pursue God’s plan for their lives.
Students are also mentored to develop interpersonal skills and establish relationships that honor God. PCA also emphasizes respect for each other as God’s masterpieces.
Shepherding the heart:
Potential Christian believes in connecting the hearts of students to the power and grace of the gospel. We are committed to the truth that the heart is the wellspring of life. The heart, with its passions and desires, sets the course of life. Since behavior mirrors the heart, then the route to lasting change for students is the grace and power of the gospel.
Since all we have is ultimately from God, Potential Christian is committed to responsible use of all financial, physical and human resources.
Potential believes in cultivating a safe, positive environment where students are nurtured and encouraged. Providing a caring and nurturing environment is the best way to instill a love of learning. All teaching is ultimately relational. Therefore, personal relationships are a high priority at PCA.
Parents and school personnel view one another as valued partners in the shared activity of Christian schooling. Mutual respect, communication and involvement by all partners are essential for student success.
Professionalism with humility:
Staff members maintain professional credentials and training appropriate for their duties while modeling a posture of the biblical servant-leader in all relationships. Sound judgment and competence are expected at every level of the organization.
We want to be intentional about doing the right things and doing them with excellence.
STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; John 10:30, 37- 38)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35; Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:25; John 2:11; Hebrews 9:12; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; John 11:25; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16)
- We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for his salvation. (Romans 3:19 & 23; John 3:16-10; John 5:24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5-6)
- We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (Ephesians 5:18; Ephesians 4:30; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto eternal life and those who are lost unto eternal damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 5:1-2)
"Where there is no vision, the people perish:but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." ~ Proverbs 29:18